Factor 55 FlatLink ERegular price $140.00
Replace conventional winch hooks with the new safer, stronger and smarter Factor 55 FlatLink shackle mount. Factor 55 introduces the new FlatLink foldable shackle mount for winch cables and synthetic ropes. The FlatLink E (expert) is a different take on Factor 55's original FlatLink, the pair-shaped opening on the FlatLink E allows shackles to be mounted by the pin or by the bow end.
This engineer of Factor 55's FlatLink means more options for off-road vehicle recovery. Just like it's little brother, the FlatLink E (expert) is built to do away with the traditional style winch hook. Hooks were designed to carry a downward pulling vertical load, optimized by a spring loaded safety clip made from sheet metal. Unfortunately this style hook lacks safety need while doing recovery work or any practical winching application. The folks at Factor 55 created an innovative linking system better known as the ProLink. They have since applied the same engineering to other products like the FlatLink E.
Your winch cable eye will sit between the housing of the Flatlink E secured by a 5/8" titanium double shear pin. The business end of the FlatLink E is a pear-shaped opening that allows you to attach a common 3/4" inch shackle/D-ring. Your D-ring can be attached to the FlatLink with either the pin or bow end, just make sure you're pulling your load from the correct angle. The FlatLink E is able to "fold" into your rolling or hawse fairleads giving it a slim, stylish profile on the front of your wench. This eliminates the annoying and sometimes costly bump-bump-ding of traditional wench hooks.
- Precision machined from 6000 series billet aluminum
- Compatible with all roller fairlead license plate mounting brackets
- When folded flat – less than 1.75 inches of thickness
- Weight – 26 ounces
- Max load rating : 16,000 pounds
- Ultimate failure : greater than 40,000 pounds
- Fits steel cables and synthetic winch ropes to 3/8 inch diameters
- EPDM Rubber Guard protects alloy fairleads and cushions line stowage.
- Simple snap ring removal for shear pin.
- Fits common 3/4 shackles/D-Rings
- Eliminates hook rattle and fairlead damage.